Middle School Arts
Middle School Winter Musical
- Thursday, January 16 @ 7pm
- Friday, January 17 @ 2pm & 7pm
- Saturday, January 18 @ 7pm
- Sunday, January 19 @ 2pm
Order Tickets Here
Students at the middle school level will participate in a trimester-long Drama Class during their sixth grade year, which culminates with a selection of skits performed during Upper School chapel.The curriculum includes units on Ensemble Building, Audience Responsibility, Storytelling, Stage Geography and Key Terms, Non-Verbal Communication, Vocal Development, Improvisation, Creating Character, Directing, Technical Theatre, Evaluating Theatre, and Presentational Theatre. Students also watch shorts clips from more than 40 different musicals and plays in an effort to build a lifelong appreciation of theatre.
- Middle School Choir Concert
- Middle School Show Choir
Recent Vocal Honors
5th & 6th grade choir students are encourage to participate in the Treble Honor Choir through the Tennessee Music Education Association.
- 2018-19 Thirteen Students Selected
- 2017-18 Fifteen Students Selected
- 2016-17 Twelve Students Selected
- 2015-16 Sixteen Students Selected
- 2014-15 Fifteen Students Selected
- 2013-14 Fourteen Students Selected
- 2012-13 Twelve Students Selected
- 2011-12 Nine Students Selected
They may also participate in the middle school plays & musicals. Previous middle school productions include Disney's The Little Mermaid Jr. (2013-14), Ms. Scrooge (2014-15), A Christmas Carol (2014-15), The Lion King Jr. (2015-16), ELF (2016-17) Alice in Wonderland (2017-18) and Madagascar, Jr. (2018-19)
Middle school students may also participate in the high school fall play and spring musical productions (according to cast needs).
The Upper School Visual Arts Program curriculum introduces art theory and art techniques to students in grades 6th through 8th. Middle school students are encouraged to participate in the Annual School-Wide Art Show.