Why Choose An Independent School
Tipton-Rosemark Academy is an independent, Christian school. Families researching their child’s education often look at the independent school setting. Independent schools nurture intellectual curiosity, encourage personal growth, and foster character development. In addition to academics, all students have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities -- sports, theater, music, art, community service -- where they learn teamwork and develop leadership skills that serve them throughout their lives.
Tipton-Rosemark Academy has been a big part of my life and provided me with many opportunities. The faculty encourage not only academic achievement, but personal achievement as well. The Christ-centered environment and family atmosphere prepared me for college as both a student and young adult.
Jeremy Robertson, Class of 2011
- What is an Independent School?
- Why Choose an Independent School?
- Ask any parent why they send their child to an independent school and you will hear:
- Ask students about their independent school and you will hear:
- Ask alumni about their experience and they will tell you:
Independent schools are governed by a board of trustees that is solely responsible for the school and are independently funded, through tuition and fundraising. Independent schools have:
- The freedom to define their own mission
- The freedom to regulate admissions
- The freedom to define teacher credentials
- The freedom to teach free from state curricular, textbook, and testing mandates
Independent schools are known for providing a safe, nurturing environment in which students are encouraged to reach their full potential. Independent schools follow the “triangle” approach to education – student, family, and school. Thus, parents are considered integral to the success of their child and are encouraged to be active participants in the life of the school.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.